Saturday, November 2, 2013

30 days of Thanks...just one day late

I wanted to blog yesterday and start the 30 days on time but I was too beat. The Bug is still sick and I am waffling between sickness and being well.  I want to do each of my blessings justice but none is better than the other. I will post the disclaimer that these blessings and things I am thankful for are random in order and the ones most present in my mind at the time.  

November 1 -

I am thankful for my sick baby snuggles. I know one day he will grow up and will be able to carry me.  One day he will prefer to snuggle with someone else. For now, I am so greatful for the quiet times he clings to me; the moments when only Momma's arms will do. 



The snuggles help me more than he knows. There are times I doubt myself as a mom but Bug never doubts me. I was reminded of this when I was watching a video on YouTube about mom's perceptions compared with their children's opinions. 

I need to listen more to what Bug thinks of me.  He has a better grasp on life and isn't as jaded and bogged down with baggage. Ok, I should note he is learning the art of manipulation by calling me Mommy in the sweetest tone ever instead of the usual Momma. He's such a smart kid. Whatever happens though I know he needs me and I need him. In the quiet safety of our cuddles I just stare at him in awe and am so thankful for him and our bond. 

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird