Thursday, November 14, 2013

Momma's Night Out


Today I am super thankful for Momma's night out with one of my nearest and dearest friends, April.  April and I worked together for over two years. We grew a lot together and through the course of our employment, we formed a strong bond.  She's one of my closest friend and I love her to death.  We have similar ideas, we can tell each other our opinions and I just love her.  We always laugh and enjoy ourselves together and we can comfort each other during the dark and difficult times too; we have seen each other at our best and worst. April is my sister fom another mister.

I think what sealed our friendship is our journey toward motherhood.  When I was pregnant  we would talk about everything that was going on.  The day after my baby shower, when I was about 7-8 months along, April surprised everyone, including herself, by announcing she was pregnant! It was awesome.  Our children are now six months apart but we can share so much about parenting and life together.  I really appreciate having her around.   We don't work together anymore, she's lucky and blessed to be a stay at home mom in a far off town, but whenever I can I drag her away from her beautiful family and make her do things with me.  We've driven to LA to see New Kids on the Block and tonight we went on a whole new adventure.

Tonight, we got lost trying to avoid horrible traffic on the way to wine and canvas night.  It was part technological error, part me.  It was a whole lot of fun.  We talked and laughed and experienced something completely new...painting.  It's difficult to hold your wine glass in one hand and paint brush in the other when you are trying to blend and shade colors that look like they make no sense.

We drank wine and ate delicious cheeses while we chit chatted about dinner parties, weddings, babies and our families.  It was a night to relax and enjoy ourselves outside of our husbands and babies.  It was a time to reconnect and rejuvenate. It was wonderful and I can't wait to do it again.  It's nice to find people who refill your spirit bank and help you to feel renewed again.


No comments:



blogger template by lovebird