Sunday, July 11, 2010

I'm back! - Time to change directions.

Yikes! Being gainfully employed sure does take up a lot of time. I've come to the conclusion that it's better to combine my blogs rather than letting this one sit idly by waiting for the odd occasion that calls for a bacon cake. There is a part of me that misses being able to cook and dream up meals with carefree abandon. I also feel this pressure and need to start adding the recipes that I've doctored and created which will hopefully be passed down to my own family. So that said, I still plan on eating my inheritance but also want to create inheritances to be eaten...pretty cheese laden clogged artery pasta inheritances with bacon and love are just dying to come out. Two in particular...

The first one was inspired by the fantastic dinner Josh took me to at Arrivederci Ristorante to celebrate the escrow closing on our house a few weeks ago. I had the most delicious pasta ever. It was simple, smokey, creamy, and perfect. We have kinda been obsessing about it since. It doesn't even have a name. It was just listed as Gemelli Pasta del Giorno - smoked mozzarella cream sauce, wilted spinach and sun dried tomatoes. So that will be posted soon. I promise. I also have a special Kitchen Sink Beer Mac and Cheese that I whipped up and have been meaning to post. I get asked about it all the time so I think it's finally ready to be shared.

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird